I-75 Exit 293 at Hwy 411, 30 miles north of Atlanta
Physical Address: 100 Tellus Drive, Cartersville, GA 30120
Mailing Address: PO Box 3663, Cartersville, GA 30120
Central Scheduling: (770) 606-5699
Thank you for choosing Tellus Science Museum as an extension of your science instruction! Please review the following information carefully and share with the other teachers on your team so that everyone involved will have the best experience possible.
We expect payment at the time you check in. Please bring check, cash, or credit card on arrival or your group will not be admitted. We accept checks made payable to Tellus Science Museum, as well as Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.
- Please, be sure to share all of this information with all participating teachers and responsible parties. We can not be responsible if a teacher was not informed of our payment policy and other instructions.
- If your group is attending multiple days bring payment each day or pre-pay for all groups ahead of time.
- You may pay for extra parents and chaperones or they may pay individually.
- We require that one person check in and pay for the entire group and must use one form of payment, with the exception of extra parents, as stated above.
- All programs are scheduled for a minimum of fifteen paying students. If your number drops below fifteen, you will be required to pay for 15 students.
- On the day of your program count your students, educators & parents that you are paying for, and bring that number to the front desk at check in. Once your order is completed there will be no refunds.
- Each program involves four rotations which include: a lab, an activity, an in-depth exploration of one gallery, and a stop in our museum store. Please see Program Descriptions for more details.
- A stop in our museum store, with additional instructional time, is a part of our programs and a significant life skill opportunity for students.
- Program length is 2 hours.
- Programs are based on Georgia Performance Standards for Science.
- Please have accurate attendance numbers for your students, educators and parents that the school is paying for, when checking in.
- Your program manager will contact you approximately one week before your visit to advise you on how to split your group into subgroups and to give you other details for your check-in.
- Every individual (student, parent, educators) needs a program sticker before leaving the lobby.
- Minimum of 15 students.
- If you have less than 15 students in your group you will be required to pay for 15 students.
Adults do not count toward this number.
- Maximum of 90 students for all Pre-K & Kindergarten programs.
- Maximum of 120 students for all other grades.
- Science in Motion programs include the planetarium, which seats only 120. Please plan accordingly. Students have first priority for seating, then educators, then parents.
- Please be at the museum 30 minutes prior to your program’s scheduled start time to check in and to afford your students a restroom break.
- Programs begin at 10:00 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.
- Afternoon program times are also available.
- Student – $9.00.
- Museum memberships do not cover program cost for students.
- Educators & bus drivers – Free (must wear school identification with scheduled programs.)
- Bus drivers must stay on campus and be able to be reached in case of an emergency.
- Parents & chaperones – One free with every 10 students.
- Additional parents & chaperones – $14.00.
- If a parent or chaperone is a member or active military, you must still check in at the front desk with your card – Free.
- If you have booked a program, planetarium shows may be added for an additional $2.00 for students and adults including educators, bus drivers and chaperones.
- The Planetarium has 120 seats only. Students have first priority for seating, then educators, then parents.
- Add-on show times begin promptly at the 1:00 p.m. time slot with no late entry and no refund if group arrives late. Shows last 45 minutes.
- Due to space limitations parents may be asked to self-tour the museum during portions of the program rotations.
- Please stress to all of your parents/chaperones that this is a two-hour program dedicated to studying specific Georgia Performance Standards that augment your classroom instruction. It is not a tour of the entire museum.
- Teachers, please indicate who will be your “official” chaperones (one chaperone free with every ten students) and they will receive free admittance. All other adults must pay the $14.00 admission, unless they are a member.
- When you schedule a program, we reserve a slot in the calendar for your group and commit staff and resources to assure you an exceptional educational experience. Please review the following cancellation policy for Tellus:
- You may cancel with a notice of 40 days or more before your scheduled date without penalty.
- If you cancel your trip less than 40 days from your scheduled date Tellus reserves the right to bill your school $100.00 or 25% of student program fee, whichever is greater.
- Schools with an unpaid balance or cancellation fee will not be able to schedule another program until the balance is paid.
- The Museum Store is included in the program rotation (please see attached store flyer).
Directions and Parking
- Please see attached bus parking map and share that important information with your driver(s).
- Please leave lunches on the bus.
- Outdoor picnic pavilion is available.
- If you would like to purchase box lunches from our café to eat in our pavilion, please call our food and beverage manager at least one week in advance, 770-606-5700. ext. 418.
- Please Note: The Carter Pavilion is provided as a courtesy to groups for student lunches. As an alternative, an unfurnished room is available for indoor lunches for a $250.00 non-refundable fee.
- Photography for personal use is allowed.
- No flash photography is allowed in the Planetarium, Art Gallery, or on other paintings.
- Schools wishing to visit without booking a school program will follow the Group Visit guidelines to make reservations.
- All adults will pay admission including teachers and bus drivers.
- Start times will be 2:00 p.m. or later.
- Click here for Group Rates.
- For your comfort and convenience the museum has exterior restrooms located by the drop off circle. It will save instructional time if your students could use this restroom upon arrival.
Call (770) 606-5699 to schedule!
We can’t wait to share the exciting world of Tellus
with you and your students!
Director of Education
Science Program Manager
| Kerry Cornwell
Geology Program Manager
| David Dundee
Astronomy Program Manager