Worried about dinosaur attacks? Don’t! Tellus is promoting dinosaur safety all summer with fun for the whole family.
Beginning in June, kids can collect a different collectible dinosaur card each week at the museum. Don’t miss Dinosaur Awareness Week July 8 – 12, featuring activities like meeting a dinosaur expert, creating a fossil rubbing and fossil giveaways.
Dinosaur Awareness Week Activities include:
- Monday – Fossil Giveaways and Birth Fossil Necklaces
- Tuesday – Take home a card about the Geologic Timeline
- Wednesday – A dinosaur expert will be on hand with information and hands-on fun
- Thursday – Dioramas and Fossil Rubbing
- Friday – Shark tooth giveaway, floating sharks, and Mary Anning will pay a visit to talk about her fossil adventures! She will, of course, be back for Night at the Museum on August 10.
Throughout the summer the museum will send out safety tips through Facebook, Twitter and Youtube about dinosaur safety in the (highly) unlikely event of a run-in with a dinosaur.
Don’t miss the fun!
For dinosaur safety tips and more information, see the full announcement here.