Sign up for one of our new Discovery Day workshops! You can make your own mood lamp or crystal radio during one of these hands-on sessions. Space is limited!
At 2 PM in the Tellus Theater, inventor and Patent Agent Bob Lauf will share his insights gained through 40 years of experience. Learn about the evolution of an invention from the first wild idea, to a well-defined concept, to patenting and commercialization.
Are YOU a maker? Showcase your interactive work at Discovery Day, whether your work is artistic, scientific, or just plain fun. Makers under 18 should bring an adult to help. Be creative and innovative, but please, no explosions, fire, liquids, or big messes. Registration is required to be an exhibitor.
Showcase your work at our Discovery Day. Whether your work is artistic, scientific, or just plain fun, it needs to have an interactive component for our visitors. All ages can bring their work, but makers under eighteen should bring an adult to help. We love explosions too, but those won’t work in the museum. Also no fire, liquids, or a big mess.
• Fill out the application and pay the registration fee.
• There will be a limited number of tables available; therefore, this will be a competitive application process.
• Please include an interactive component for our visitors.
Yeah, we know. We don’t like all the administrative stuff either, but somebody has to organize all this. So, here are the processing fees:
For applications received by August 20, there will be a processing fee of
• $20 for two tables in a 12’ x 12’ space
• $30 for four tables in a 24’ x 24’ space
For applications received between August 21 and September 7, there will a processing fee of
• $35 for two tables in a 12’ x 12’ space.
• $45 for four tables in a 24’ x 24’ space.
This non-refundable fee must be paid at the time of application to participate.
No more applications will be accepted after Friday, September 7!
• Standard display areas are 12’x12’ and include two eight foot table and two chairs, in the Tellus Banquet Rooms.
• Even though we love explosions those won’t work in the museum. Remember, no fire, no liquids, no big mess – just a lot of FUN!
• Flying objects, such as drones, can only be flown outside.
• Participants are expected to stay with their table from 10 AM to 4 PM, with breaks taken as needed.
• Set up begins at 8 AM, tear down at 4 PM.
• Participant, and one guest to assist at the table, will be admitted to the museum free of charge.
• Any sales made are the sole responsibility of the participant.
Build your very own mini mood lamp!
Workshop times are:
10:30 AM – NOON
or 3 – 4:30 PM
Learn about the early days of radio and build your own crystal radio receiver.
Workshop time is:
NOON – 1:45 PM