Students will discover that bugs are living things and use classification skills to compare insects and arachnids. The program includes students making their very own “bug”.
Program will run for 2 hours.
30 MINUTES – INTRODUCTION IN THEATER
– Introduction to living things, insects, and arachnids
30 MINUTES – LAB
– Examine actual specimens
– Review insects and arachnids
– Make Spider bookmarks
30 MINUTES – STORE & TREE ACTIVITY
– Join the “HIVE” and work like a BEE!
30 MINUTES – GALLERY TIME
– Visit and explore the Collins Family My Big Backyard gallery and learn about life science on the big tree exterior
TAKE HOME ITEM
– Spider Bookmark
VIRTUAL Field Trip
Program will run for approximately 1 hour.
30 MINUTES – VIRTUAL CLASS
– Introduction to living vs. non-living things, insects, and arachnids
– Help make a dragonfly
– Make an Ant bookmark*
30 MINUTES – Q & A SESSION
– Includes story time: “The Very Busy Spider” by Eric Carle
*Make Your Own Ant Bookmark kit will be mailed to your booking address and are included in your program price.