Which animal will outlive the others? Students will examine fossil records through geologic time to determine how natural selection and adaptation played major roles in the evolution of various species. Students will also investigate how physical characteristics evolved from exposure to various environmental conditions, such as habitat, food sources and climate. Program will run 2 hours.
Program will run for 2 hours.
30 MINUTES – GALLERY TIME
– Learn about survival and extinction of various species throughout time
– Examine fossil records for development of physical characteristics and compare biological traits through geologic time.
– Discuss effects of food webs, various climates and biomes along with the shifting lands of a species evolution
– Visit the Museum Store
– Fossil Dig
30 MINUTES – LAB
– Define evolution and discuss fossil evidence
– Explain and discuss animal adaptation and provide examples across various species
– Model biodiversity by creating a unique
TAKE HOME ITEMS
– Keep 3 fossils excavated from the Fossil Dig
firstname.lastname@example.org • (770) 606-5699
Field Trip Reservations
Virtual Field Trip Reservations