What are the hours of operation?
The museum is open seven days a week, Monday-Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM. Closed New Years day, July 4, Thanksgiving day and Christmas day.
How much is admission?
Admission (Includes Fossil Dig & Gem Panning)
- Members: FREE
- Adults: $14 + tax
- Children (3 – 17): $10 + tax
- Student with ID: $10 + tax
- Active Military w/ ID: Free
(1/2 price admission for active duty dependents with ID)
- Seniors (65+): $12 + tax
- $3.50 + tax (Must be included with paid admission)
- $2 + tax second planetarium show for an individual during one visit
- Members – $2 + tax planetarium show (free museum admission)
- Leadership Members – no charge
- For information on group visits, please click here.
How do I get to Tellus?
Heading North: I-75 to exit 293. At the end of the ramp, turn left. Less than a half a mile on the left will be a Holiday Inn. Turn between the Holiday Inn and the Citgo onto Tellus Drive. Tellus Drive terminates in the museum parking lot.
Heading South: I-75 to exit 293. At the end of the ramp, turn right. Less than a half a mile on the left will be a Holiday Inn. Turn between the Holiday Inn and the Citgo onto Tellus Drive. Tellus Drive terminates in the museum parking lot.
GPS doesn’t recognize 100 Tellus Dr, Cartersville, GA? Try putting in Mineral Museum Drive, Cartersville, GA.
How much is parking?
There is no cost to park at the museum.
How long does it take to tour the museum?
How do I become a member?
Does Tellus reciprocate ASTC memberships with Fernbank Museum of Natural History?
No. The ASTC Passport Program excludes museums within a 90 mile radius.
What is the planetarium schedule for today?
Please click here for show times.
How does the Bank of America Museums on Us program work?
The program provides free admission the first full weekend of the month to Bank of America and Meryll Lynch cardholders under the following guidelines:
- Free admission only to cardholders with credit or debit card, and photo ID
- One free admission per credit or debit card
- Photo ID is required with the card
- Spouses, children, and guests are not eligible without their own credit or debit card, and photo ID
- Admission is non-transferable and for the cardholder only
- Expired cards and bank statements not accepted
Do you offer field trips for schools?
Yes, Tellus has over 22 standards based science programs.
How big is Tellus?
Tellus is 120,000 sq. ft.
Where is the old Weinman Mineral Museum?
Tellus is the expansion of the Weinman. Tellus continues the Weinman’s tradition of educating and inspiring visitors. The Weinman Mineral Museum lives on as the Weinman Mineral Gallery, one of four galleries at Tellus.
Are there disability accommodations available?
Yes, wheelchairs are available and complimentary. They are on a first come, first serve basis.
Is outside food allowed in the museum?
No food or drink is allowed in the museum. Guests are invited to eat in the Cafe. An outside pavilion is available for picnics.
When did Tellus open?
January 12, 2009.
What is Tellus named for?
The Roman Goddess of Earth, also known as Terra.