Students will explore magnetic attraction and repulsion through prediction and experimentation. They will identify what objects magnets can attract and whether magnets can attract through other materials.
Program will run for 2 hours.
30 MINUTES – INTRODUCTION IN THEATER
– Introduce basic concepts of magnetism
30 MINUTES – LAB
– Introduce magnetic field
– Explore what items magnets can attract
– Use magnetic attraction / repulsion to race skateboards
30 MINUTES – STORE & TREE ACTIVITY
– Red Magnet and Yellow Magnet Friendship
– Play “What is Magnetic?” game
30 MINUTES – GALLERY TIME
– Visit and explore Collins Family My Big Backyard focusing on magnet activities
TAKE HOME ITEM
– Magnet Bookmark
VIRTUAL Field Trip
Program will run for approximately 1 hour.
30 MINUTES – VIRTUAL CLASS
– Introduce basic concepts of magnetism and magnetic field
– Make predictions, conduct experiments, and enter data regarding a magnet’s ability to attract through objects
30 MINUTES – Q & A SESSION
– Includes story time about other types of magnets
*Magnet Bookmarks will be mailed to your booking address and are included in your program price.
email@example.com • (770) 606-5699
Field Trip Reservations
Virtual Field Trip Reservations