Students will discover the conservation of energy and energy transformations through hands-on exploration. They will also visit our Solar House for practical applications of transforming solar energy into the energies that we use in our everyday lives. The program will run for approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Program will run for 2 hours and 10 minutes.
40 MINUTES – PLANETARIUM SHOW
– Dynamic Earth
– Introduce Renewable Energy
30 MINUTES – LAB
– Introduce the Law of Conservation of Energy
– Hands-on exploration of different types of energy transformations
– Discuss real-world applications
– Visit the Museum Store
30 MINUTES – SOLAR HOUSE
– Tour of the West Virginia University Solar House
– Discuss wind, solar energy, energy transformation, and storage
TAKE HOME ITEM
– Finger lights